We are in a fast paced modern world, where the more ‘stuff’, more ‘things’ we surround ourselves with, the more we tend to feel a comfort, security or need, desire to accumulate more. However, the mere perception that to posses all these material objects, gives us a long lasting bliss and sense of security is an illusion.
The word ‘minimalism’ is nowadays not just an ancient teaching from Zen monks in the mountains, meditating, it’s becoming more of a ‘lifestyle’ a way of life, to many of us in our modern day world. There are huge benefits to attaining a ‘more is less’ mindset and lifestyle.
Less clutter in our lives, makes things more manageable, really, you agree?
Here I share with you the top 10 tips on the benefits of potentially considering more (ironically) minimalism in your every day life:
- Less objects to manage and move about in your home, your daily hand bags included
- Makes traveling far more easier, travel light, try it out!
- Creating more ‘space’ in your life, clears the mind, focus
- Clearing the old, pass it on, or recycle your objects, very therapeutic
- Clothing and wardrobe, if not worn in ages, years, pass it on, recycle, you shall feel ‘lighter’ for it
- Bring nature back into your home, replace green leafy plants instead of lots of unused furniture
- Easier to manage for dusting, cleaning your home environment, office space included
- Adds a freshness and openness to an environment less cluttered
- Letting go of old things, you no longer need, letting go of the past, to move forwards
- Less is More, it is about quality not quantity, right?
If you can relate to one or two of these top 10 points, then perhaps you can give it a go, minimalism has many benefits and has a positive impact on our health & wellbeing. Including contributing towards a more environmental awareness, by recycling our things, not longer in use.
The Art of Minimalism, can be that easy to do!
– words written by Colleen, Lifestyle Coaching
To view our Lifestyle Blog on Healthy Plant Based, Vegan Recipes and further info see:
Top Five Tips for a Digital Detox:
- Unplug for 2 hrs in the evening to unwind
- Put aside smartphones and iphones in another room, for X1hr chill out break
- Be more ‘present’ with family, friends, pets and loved ones by switching phone off at certain times of the day i.e. during meal time. Agree with friends family all do the same when together.
- Read a book and finish the novel within a time frame
- Meditate before sleep time and not look at your phone, social media etc, to have peaceful night sleep
To find out more on DIGITAL DETOX, see my coaching sessions for doing a personalized Digital Detox, to set you in the right direction!
At times we all need to unplug and be in the quiet silence, being present and reconnect to nature and ourselves.
DIGITAL DETOX 101 –
Unplug Technology Detox, X3 Day On Line De Stress the mind, revitalize, body & spirit:
- Unplug from your digital devices, mobile phone, social media etc, to de stress
- Mindful Meditation for Detox, Clarity and Focus
- Qigong Exercises
- Nutrition & Cleanse
- Skills for Self Empowerment
- How to use the skills for long term
- x3 hours of Lifestyle Coaching sessions with Colleen
DETOX DE STRESS, RETREAT Online X3 Days includes:
- De stress Management
- Mindful Meditation
- Nutrition, Cleanse
- Qigong Exercises
- Time Management
- Skills for Self Empowerment
- x3 hours of Health Coach sessions
How often in our lives have we questioned ourselves in finding a more harmonious and balanced lifestyle not only within ourselves, but within our personal relationships, family, friends, partners, your pets?
I often remind myself and my clients, there is no general ‘quick fix’ to inner and outer harmony and our yin and yang balance. There is no absolute truths in finding this either. Some people find this through there own vices, whether it be through a hobby, sport, a personal interest, yoga, meditation, walking, nature, freediving, scuba, surfing, reading, dancing, music, the list is endless. The question is, does this action have a positive impact on your inner and outer well being? Does it create a sense of harmony and balance not just for yourself, but for others, animals and nature?
Everything is in constant motion of action and reaction, cause and effect, full cycles, the cycle of life is continuous. We are a part of this cycle, a part of nature, we are nature. Meditation is a simple tool to assist you to get back to your quiet inner centre, back to your inner nature, your inner yin and yang, reconnect and be in harmony with yourself, others, mother nature.
If you are 100 percent present in the moment, with your hobby or sport, you are already meditating, if it helps finds your inner centre, harmony and balance, that is one of the key ingredients to assisting in your well being. Which means less stress and this has a positive impact (cause and effect) for your family, friends, pets, your loved ones around you.
Today, find a quiet moment, just ten minutes, for yourself and reflect on what brings you inner harmony and balance? Is this positive and does it help with your inner and outer health, well being? Begin with a few deep breathes, close your eyes, imagine a quiet, calm, sandy beach and allow stress to dissolve away….
This simple technique every day can be a beginning of creating a healthier, balanced and harmonious lifestyle for you!
For further information on my meditation sessions for personal or business, Health Coach, I can be contacted via email at:
Telephone: +33 972 65 39 93 (Paris, France)